To contribute to the economic development of the rural poor through the promotion of renewable energy and other types of appropriate technologies, while also strengthening local organizations like cooperatives that have a similar mission.
To be an excellent facilitator of community and family economic development by encouraging the diversification of income sources and improving the productivity of low-income people.
TecAp is governed by following values while realizing this vision:
- Mutual Respect: Through our practice of involving practitioners and learners, we will set a high standard of mutual respect, understanding and caring so that we serve as a model.
- Gender Equity: We particularly focus on the empowerment of women to ensure that women receive equal and equitable distribution of resources and returns on investments.
- Diversity and Inclusion: We work for an appreciation of diversity, policies of inclusion, and an end to discrimination.
- Innovation: We develop new tools, services, and curriculum. We are social entrepreneurs.
- Socioeconomic and Institutional Change: We are working for positive institutional change to increase the socioeconomic impact.
- Practitioner focus: We invest in building the capacity of practitioners tohelp them develop responsive and sustainable solutions to the development challenges of their clientele.
- Participatory: Our work is done through the use of volunteers or practitioners from the organizations and countries that are benefiting and wherever possible we use participatory techniques.
- Knowledge and Resource Sharing: We arecommitted to sharing knowledge, skills and resources with practitioners in order to help them become self-reliant.
- Self-Reliant and Self-sustaining: We strive to create institutions which are self-reliant and sustainable.
- Partnership and Strategic Alliances: We believe that the eradication of poverty requires multi-pronged approaches. We therefore practice collaboration by forming strategic alliances and partnerships.
- High quality and high impact services: We are committed to providing services that make real and substantial improvements in the delivery of microfinance and microenterprise.
- Accountability: We are committed to being accountable to donors, clients, our team and our mission.
- Mentoring and Team Building: Our practice is done in a way so as to mentor persons from developing areas and to build the overall team internationally.
- Social Responsibility: We promote socially responsible use of resources, including investment.