Our work touches several areas of sustainable development, including family and community economic development, women’s empowerment, and environmental protection. TecAp activities include:
- Training rural women in fair trade coffee cooperatives to promote and earn income selling solar technologies. Learn more.
- Training youth from fair trade coffee cooperatives to become solar technicians. Learn more.
- Researching renewable energy and other technologies that are appropriate for low-income farming families. Learn more.
- Educating international lenders regarding loan products suitable to helping coffee cooperatives lend to small farmers to purchase solar and other technologies. Learn more.
- Educating coffee cooperatives and local governments about the value and possibilities of solar energy for their members or constituents.
- Performing solar energy needs assessments for small farmers, coffee cooperatives, coffee processing plants, and local governments.